Monday, August 2, 2010

I made it!

This is going to really be short and sweet this time....

I made it...it was a long day!! Got up at 3:30, spent most of the day in the airport, got to Santo Domingo around 7:30 (helped some guys out on the plane who were from greece and didnt know English or Spanish--got some practice in.) My ride did not show up at the airport right away so there was a minor freak out by both me and my parents but I made it alive and well finally.

We have orientation starting tomorrow at 8:00 am so hopefully I will learn more then! It was dark when I got here so I didn't get a good look at the city but what I can tell you is that it is HOT HOT HOT!!

I met the 3 other American girls and we had dinner tonight after I got here so we will get to know each other this week a little bit before getting split up into our other assignments.

I am sorry this was rushed and not very informative but I am DEAD tired and heading to bed so that I can get up early tomorrow and start this adventure!

I am going to try to be open minded about everything that I am going to exerience because a wise cousin of mine told me " Desperate people can't be picky."

I am off for now.... until tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I do have many wise things to say, don't I??? Glad you made it safe and love reading the updates. Keep em coming :)

    ReplyDelete