Thursday, July 29, 2010

Four Days and preparing....

I am going to try my best to make this a short post, just to fill everyon in quickly before I take off....

This week has been a busy one with much adventure. I have done the following:

1) FINALLY bought my ticket..I fly out of Omaha on Monday morning at 7:05
2) My last day at Wells Fargo was on Friday ( I said my goodbye's there)
3) I visited my friend Jess in Omaha last weekend
4) I had dinner last night with my college friends who live in Des Moines ( I blew out a tire on my drive home... :( )
5) Got all of my stuff moved out of my apartment
6) Said most of my goodbyes
7) Started a packing list....to be continued!
8) I have also been working on my tan...I need to fit in, ya know?

Today mom and I are going shopping to get all of my last minute things (clothes, and you know..all of the essentials.) Tomorrow is Cody's graduation and Saturday hopefully some packing and mental preparation! My nerves are starting to get the best of me!

For those who are interested, I have a mailing address now:

Cassie Eckles
c/o Maria F. Gonzalez
FLACSO
Calle Jose Joaquin Perez No. 106
Gazcue
Santo Domingo, Republica Dominica

They are telling me that it will be difficult to receive packages but if you do send it best to do so via UPS, FEDEX, or DHL.

As always, when I know more I will write more. I have vowed to my friends that I will NOT get lazy and I will try to updated my blog at least weekly!

I have become quite the emotional basket case the last week or so but a good friend told me.."It's ok Cassie-if you didn't cry it would becuase you didn't have a soul." So that is now my defense! :)

This might be my last post before my big departure (unless maybe I am bored in the airport or I get some big news to share with everyone.)

Until then...Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment