I HAVE BEEN BLESSED!!!!!!!!
I almost just want to leave this post at that... I cannot begin to explain to you how happy I am about where my life is leading me. Let me begin by telling you what I am currently doing.... I am currently sitting on my roof, overlooking this beautiful little pueblito, soaking up the sun, blogging to tell you all about how great my life is! It took me a month to get here...but it was a month that was worth the wait.
Let me start with this weekend...Friday we did nothing but plan lessons and finish getting our clothes washed, cleanning, those sorts of not very fun things... Friday night was interesting..we were hanging out and I was trying to charge my computer when I noticed that it wasn't charging...so we thought we had blown a fuse, which is an issue becuase that was the same plugin that the fridge is plugged into..we went out to talk to our landlord about it and said "no hay luz" and I said umm si..tenemos luz... but what he was trying to say is that there was no light in the city... the only reason that we had light was because we had a small generator keeping our lights on.... so we just had to sit and wait for the electricity to come back on... and a ibt later, there went our lights...so we hung out for around 2 hours with no lights...but it was fun..it is all part of the adventure! Anyway, while we were talking to him, we were asking him waht time the bus leaves for Boca de Yuma because we wanted to go to the beach on Saturday...and he said... no don't take the bus, don't pay for it..I own these bus's and I will take you... so on Saturday morning around noon he took Sonja, myself, and his CUTE daughter Indra to the beach....So he took us into Boca De Yuma...from there we had to catch a little row boat to take us to the other side...from tthere we had to walk about 1 kilometer, and there we found this beautiful, destered, white sand Dominican Beach... we spent a few hours there... would have spent longer but we had to get Indra back to get a shot.... Because...as we were walking to get into the water the poor thing stepped on a rusty nail... she didnt even cry...Her dad kept saying "te duele?" Does it hurt? And she kept insisting that she was fine and that it didn't hurt.... ME? I would have pooped my pants and been bawling my head off...but maybe kids here have a higher tolerance for pain because they don't really have the option of going to the doctor...the only option they really have is to suck it up! Somehow after it stopped gushing she walked through the sand and got in that salt water and didn't complain once...what a tough cookie! She is my inspiration! And not to mention, soooo freaking cute!! These kids...I tell you what... I love them... All of them! We got home last night from the beach and I was out getting our clothes off the line and there was a group of like 6 kiddos playing baseball in the street! I could not help but stand and watch them... I love the simplicty of life that these kids get to experience! It blows my mind.
Today, Sonja and I went for a walk to go find the school and just check out the town...we were walking down main street and some people who were at a Colmada asked us to come in...They bought Sonja a couple of bottles of water, I had a few beers with them... soooo nice! I just love this culture! Everyone just sits outside, jams out to music, loves life... things are good! So we sat there and talked to these people for almost an hour..they said that that is where everyone goes on the weekends...so you better believe I will be finding my way there next weekend!
Today, we made tostones...which are fried platanos..I took pictures but don't have them on my computer yet...next time! Just trust me when I say they are like heaven in your mouth! YUM!!! As soon as I finish blogging I am going to go inside and make lunch then I think we will go for another walk to check out some more of the town...We are also waiting for our water to be delivered...We ordered 2 bottles, which will be 10 gallons, which was only 80 pesos...so like just a tad over 2 dollars... solid!! The man from the store said that he would bring them to our place...so I guess we will just sit and wait for those to be delivered. Tonight, we will do a bit more lesson planning and probably head to bed early since tomorrow is our first day of work! Wish me luck!! I am very nervous but also could not be more excited!!
I cannot say it enough, Life is good, I have been blessed, be thankful for what you have, all of the above! I know that Lindsey told me that think about what questions you guys would have while I blog...so if you are ever curious about anything that I am writing please leave a comment or send me a message and let me know and I will try to expand! I am sure that I will be writing more tomorrow afternoon after my first flass! I am teaching the alphabet and how to introdue yourself tomorrow!
Until then..... Much Love! :)
Hey Cass, glad to hear everything is good. hope your students dont read your blog cause they wont know how to spell haha good luck with your class and we will talk soon
ReplyDeletelove you
mom and dad