OH DIOS MIO!!!!! Things have become night and day different from the last time I wrote you all! I am sorry if I worried anyone! Things are still very unorganized and we still have no clue when we are going to Boca de Yuma..apparently they are waiting for our beds to arrive in our apartment but everyone that I have been talking to has been telling us that the beaches are beautiful and that the people are all so nice...so I am OFFICIALLY EXCITED!!! I got the internet yetesterday so I now feel like I can connect with people (via skype if you are interested). So..I have the internet and I will have a beach so my life is wonderful!
I have also decided... what on earth do I have to complain about? I am living in a foreign country...I am speaking Spanish, I am living with the nicest lady on planet earth...when I was having a bad night and I could not hold in my tears she just looked at me and said "don't cry..your eyes are too pretty for that." Of course I just ate it up and did my best! I decided that... No I do not enjoy riding with 6 other hot, sweaty people in a carro publico but you know what...that is life...and that is what these people must do every day and I might as well get over myself! So yesterday..I rode in 5 carros publicos and 1 guagua which is basically the same thing but it is a van... and you know what? I did it with a smile on my face! Life is GOOOOOD!!!
Last night Danny ( a man who works at the ministry of education) took me and Sonja out to show us the town! We had a GREAT time!!! We walked around the city- he filled us with all the good information that we need to stay out of trouble and to have a good time! He took us around the city and then to a bar where a band was supposed to play at 9..but we left at 11:30 and they had still not started yet! They are on Dominican time..which I am used to (the good old Mexican minute). We were walking home last night and Danny was singing to us as we walked down the empty street..oh it was simply amazing!!
Anyway...today we went back to a school to do some more teaching..I taught about family..showed them pictures of everyone and then asked if anyone had questions.... they are all very shy but finally one girl rose her hand and the only thing she said was "Is your brother here?" (Don't get a big head, Cody). It was great...they were all finally starting to open up..I LOVE IT!!! I am finally seeing why I came down here!
Then we went to another classroom and did a little kareoke...we sang Sugar Sugar, Twsit and shout, and Don't wanna miss a thing." The students loved it and now I have random students come up to me and say "Teacher...are you a singer?" Sooo fun!!!!
Tonight Danny and his friends are taking us 4 girls to a dance club here in Santo Domigo and I don't think I have EVER been so excited!!!
I have some other kind of sad news for everyone (but has nothing to do with me so no worries) just some things that I have observed and learned about here in the D.R..... the only thing that I will say right now is, please do NOT take for granted the fact that you were born in the United States.
I will share more later regarding that comment but for now I am having a ball!
Will write more later....
Nos Hablamos!
glad to hear things are coming together. dont have too much fun.
ReplyDeletelove you
Now here's the international Cassie we all know and love! Sounds like you've gotten back your perspective. Once I get into the school year a bit, I will actively pursue a ticket to the DR (plus I'm hoping to travel to Brazil next summer on a mission trip!!!). Nos hablaremos del viaje pronto. ¡¡Las playas en Boca de Yuma me parecen tan fantásticas!! He mirado muchas fotos. Espero que vayas allá pronto...
ReplyDelete