Well...here I am, trying to get back to blogging. I am back in the DR and life is going to start again tomorrow, with classes! I know that I will be very busy yet again when things get going, but a little structure can be good!
Let me start by telling you about how my adventure back into my Dominican Life started last week. I got up at 3:30 AM on Tuesday morning in Griswold. I was at the airport in Omaha by 4:30 and waiting for my plane by 5:00AM ish.... I got to Dallas and after walking very briskly/stopping by the bathroom I was at my terminal just in time to hear them begin boarding First Class (Which was not me). Then, after a VERY long flight in row 38 to Miami, I was sitting on the plane and checked my phone for the time...it was 12:40 and then I checked my ticket, and boarding time for my next flight began at 12:20... all the while Im just chillin in a window seat in row 38 while all of the other passengers are taking their sweet a** time. Needless to say as soon as I got the chance I got up and ran as fast as I could carrying all of my stuff. Yes, I was that crazy person. I made it! I was the last to board but I made it...... so then Im chillin in the plane in La Romana, Domincian REpublic at about 4:45 (all this time- sin food...without food) and I get off the plane, go through customs, have someon tell me how beautiful my eyes are ( and I thought, "Welcome back, Cassie"....little did I know, my welcome was still awaiting me). I finished with customs and went to the bathroom before heading off to baggage claim. When I arrived I saw no suticases on the roller thing anymore and about 3 (none of which were mine) sitting on the floor. I politely asked a man if there were more- to which his response was "no." And then I wanted to cry.... but the big girl inside me decided to suck it up and see what I could get done.... loooong story short, after talking to someone they told me that my bag was in Miami still and it would be in the DR tomorrow. I had planned to go back to the airport and pick it up, but they had other plans for me.
Anyway- I got outside of the airport and waited for about 45 minutes for Moreno to get off work and come pick me up. So, he picked me up and we started walking toward the highway, where we stood and waiting (Still with no food) for about 45 minutes. No bus came and there we were. Eventually we took a different bus to Higuey and got off on the side of the highway to wait for another bus (At this point its around 6:00). We got off the other bus and stood on the highway to wait-- 2 buses passed us (both full of course) and then along came a car that picked us up. WE got into a car and started toward Yuma and the driver saw a stranded car on the side of the road and decided to do a good deed and help them. Needless to say I was annoyed and hungry and really just wanted to get home. I did not eat until about 9:30 that night.
The next morning I received a phone call from the airline asking for my address and saying that they would be on their way to drop off my bag right now (at 8:30 AM)...I received another call at 1:30 ("on our way") and yet another at 3:30 ("leaving now, on the way") It should have only taken 2 hours MAX to get here.... At 7:00 when my bags were still on here, I was calling and calling the airline and no one was asnwering the phone, I had no idea where my bag was and what was going on and I was nearly in tears. Meanwhile, Moreno ( the biggest Domincian I have ever met) says "Cassie I dont understand why they said they are on their way if they really aren't on their way)...a point that I have tried to get across to him many time while waiting! Around 8:00 my bag finally showed up...what items were missing? 1 tube of toothapste and 2 candle scents....very random! But whatever! So that was my big "Welcome Back to the Jungle!"
I have had a nice few days off and now mentally preparing myself for school tomorrow!
I promise promise promise to try to update my blog on the weekends (at least once a week). This will be my New Years Resolution to all of you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment