Alright...here I am again...3rd Saturday in a row..I think I am doing pretty well! For starters, let's talk about the week.... nothing overly exciting/funny happened in school, it was pretty blah week. Yesterday we watched "The Blind Side" and the students loved it, so I am going to keep trying to add movies to the classroom...because a)they like it b)it helps them on their listening skills and 3) easy day for me! The classes are going pretty well this year, with my day class being much better. I beat it into their heads last year about being quiet, listening, studying and doing their homework, so when they come at 2:00 it is basically non stop work until 6. My night class on the other hand (Who just came to me from the other teacher) are out of control. None of them will ever stop talkign long enough for me to do anything. I can barley hear when other students try to talk/ask me a question. It is out of control and I don't know what to do about it. Let me tell you- this girl can only politley say "please be quiet" so many times before that dreaded "SHUT UP" comes out!
On that note.... I have decided to start to look into getting my Masters Degree in Education focusing on English as a Second Language. I am looking into some programs right now and I think that if the right one comes along that is where my path will lead next.
As far as Moreno goes- we are learning things here in the house although that has kind of come to a break this week for many reasons...but so far he knows many household items/furniture, numbers to ten and now we are working on days of the week. It is a challenge for us both to find the time (as we are only able to spend about 2 hours with each other a day due to our work schedules).
Que mas? Princesa is getting big and finally getting the hang of potty traning ( I think). She has fleas right now though so her butt is parked outside. I bought shampoo today though so hopefuly we can kick that issue this weekend.
My recent very Dominican annoyance.... I get home from work last night at 9:15 to see the door in my house open (which means Moreno is here) but the lights off... I thought maybe he was just trying to hide from me or something but as I walked through the rest of the house the lights would not turn on and I saw a candle light coming from the kitchen.... so I asked him what the problem was and he said that " no temenos luz" "we dont have lights." (like I didnt notice that). As a Dominican would he told me just to relax and we would figure it out (translation- he had to work today so it was up to me to figure it out).
Well the electric company is out of Higuey ( about 30 minutes away) but you can pay your bills here in Yuma...so I was told to go where you pay and talk to the lady. The deal was that they came yesterday when no one was here and put a counter thing on the side of the house because there wasnt one before, and for whatever reason did not connect our electricity back up. So I got up at 8:00, walked to the park to the lady to find it was not open. On the way back from the park it started pouring( meanwhile I am PO'd. Get back to the house, call Moreno who tells me to go back and see outside the office until it opens. So I go back around 9:00 and it is open...I tell the lady my deal and she says 'oh well you are gonna have to go to the office in Higuey, I can't help you." I call Moreno to tell him this and of course (similiar to my dad-won't believe me)..so HE HAD to talk to her. So I put her on the phone and she told him the exact same story and then he tells me what she said (Exactly what I had already heard once). Meanwhile, I have no idea the name of the office/company/where they are located..then Moreno's phone died because he couldn't charge it last night and mine was on the verge. So at this point I am just pissed off...why? Becuase in my opinion I should not have had to deal with no lights all night/ spend my money to go to Higuey to figure out a problem that the company caused/deal with any of this at all... but whatever...I got to Higuey- found a motoconcho- told him I needed to go to the light company and he took me there and I got it taken care of....I returned home to lights. Thank God because tomorrow is Sunday so they don't work..Monday is a holiday so they won't work and I would have had a few choice words to say to Moreno regarding his sweet country that I live in.
But it's all taken care of and I was probably a little extra mean to Moreno last night so now I am going to cook him a nice dinner for when he gets home.
What else? Today just chllin', gonna put away the groceries, clean the house, plan some lessons and tongiht maybe watch a movie. Tomorrow Moreno is free so we will probably spend the day in Boca de Yuma, Monday I am off so I Will probably spend the day relaxing in my house (unless it's sunny then Im heading to the beach- as I have not made it there yet this year).
And now I am just awaiting my the arrival of my family in April! :) Could not be more excited about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment