Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A move, the Dentist and more

Ok ok ok…I know! It literally has been FOREVER since I have blogged…and I have no excuses except that I suck…and maybe because I have not really been on any adventures for the past like 3 weeks..until today! As most of you know I am on vacation. My vacation was supposed to end yesterday (Monday). Then it was supposed to end tomorrow (Wednesday)…. But as I called today to make sure class begins tomorrow I was told no….It will begin on Monday…so I have a few more days off (which I am not mad about!).

So…let’s see…I moved! Finally! I am uploading pictures onto facebook so that you can see them! I love my new house…there are a ton less mosquitoes (almost zero)…but a lot more spiders (big spiders). I think I would prefer mosquitoes! But it is a very home-y place and I love it! There are just a few downfalls…1) the spiders 2) the longer walk to school and 3) the bathroom has no door (which makes for some uncomfortable moments when people are here and 4) the bathroom is so small that you have to sit sideways on the toilet because your legs don’t fit (which also makes for an uncomfortable visit to the bathroom). But otherwise I love it! I am much happier here and feel much more peaceful! It was kind of getting frustrating looking for a place because I had a few things that were necessary for me…1) It has to be a cement house with a cement roof 2) It can’t be down a dirt road 3) It can’t be by the other Dominican teacher and 4) the most important…it HAS to have a bathroom on the inside! Believe it or not all of those things together made for a difficult combination but I found it! And this one has an invesor so when the lights go out mine still work! The plug-ins don’t work but the lights do which is pretty important!

My adventure today…Well I’ll start by introducing my boyfriend…his name is Moreno….Most days I could not be happier with him…today…not one of those days….About 2 or 3 months ago he and I were out with some people and one of my very back teeth broke, out of nowhere kind of…I had been putting off getting it fixed because it wasn’t bothering me (and after my experience at the hospital here I wasn’t so sure about the dentist!) Anyway…On Friday night in the middle of the night I woke up with about the worst toothache anyone could imagine…well I woke Moreno up and he made it better…but anyway….

So today I needed to go to Higuey to buy groceries for Jenna’s birthday party on Saturday and Moreno had the day off so he said that he would go with me….So as were walking through Higuey he just randomly stops and goes into this building (which I later learned was his dentist’s office). For those who don’t know, I HATE the dentist. But anyway, she saw me right away and put something over my broken tooth and I have to go back in 10 days for her to finish it. And let me just tell you, I have NEVER felt this much pain in my mouth. I thought I was going to die; in fact (sorry to gross anyone out) but I would have much rather preferred to go to the gyno for 12 hours than sit in that chair for one more minute. OMG it hurt so bad….between the shot, the cleaning, the whatever… omg I wanted to die. But I got an anesthesia, a cleaning and whatever she did to fix my tooth done (I also shed some tears…A LOT). But as we were leaving she told Moreno it would be 500 pesos ($13.00 dollars). But all he had was 1000 pesos and she didn’t have change…so I looked in my purse to see if I had 500 (although you better believe his butt was paying for since HE drug me there without even telling me…all that I had in my purse was 350 pesos ($9.00). ..and she said ok, 350 is fine! See you in 10 days! So as much as I hated my experience today it was cheap and I think I’m just gonna have her fix everything that is going on in my mouth while I’m down here. So anyway…that’s my story!

Class starts next Monday (as of right now)…so for the next 5 days I am just going to keep enjoying my vacation! Hope all is well with everyone back home! Love you! I’ll probably update again once class starts up again! It is going to be very interesting starting all over again with a group of children who don’t speak English! AHH! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment