Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 1

As my vow to you all of updating once a week, here I find myself at the computer with not much to talk about! I was hoping to take a picture of my dog for you, but I can't figure out how. I guess that brings up the first part of my week. The ngiht before I left the US my computer started having some serious issues and I had one of my old students check it out for me and he fixed the problem (however deleted some program in the process and put everything into Spanish and I can't figure out how to change it) so I can't figure out my webcam at the moment. But for the time being, the computer is healthy again-although I dont know for how long (everyone please pray that it lasts through my trip here).

School started on Monday- and so far has been much better than I expected it to be. The students remember much more than I assumed that they would and I can tell that many of them studied while I was gone. VERY positive things. So now we are back with motivated students- at least for the time being. We have about 5 months of our program left here for this group of students, so we will see how it goes! The other night I had one male student get confused between playing "dress" and playing "chess" as a child and he told everyone that he loved to play dress as child...he got made fun of a little until he realized his mistake! :)

What else is going on.... Moreno and I are still doing really well- he has been a very nice boyfriend lately- this week I have come home to shrimp, dumplings, last night something that I dont know and right now we have fish marinating in the fridge for dinner tonight! :) He and I have been studying English here in the house. A LOOOONG process.... what's that the say? It's hard to teach and old dog new tricks...... YEP! :) Luckily I just happen to be a talented teacher and a nice girlfriend who won't laugh at him!

Things I have coming up? February is Carnaval here, which is always a great time in Yuma (marking the year ago that Moreno and I started hanging out). April is Semana Santa ( a break from work and a visit from the family I beleive) and May (well other than my birthday- class will be finished).

That's about it! Until next weekend.... hopefully I will have something more exciting to report! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment