Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Beautiful Life.....

Where do I start? I know I have been REALLY bad at blogging latley...pero excuaseme! :) I had a little computer issue which is not handled yet...so at this point I am limited in my computer usage and dont have a lot of time to blog! But I will try to give you some updates on the beautiful, dominican life that I am living...the life that is slowly becoming the life that I want to continue....

I guess where I will start is my birthday....I had a wonderful birthday! The celebrations began on Saturday the 28th... we had a few visitors in town, we went to the beach and then we went out to the Papa (the hottest of the 2 bars in town). While we were at the Papa my friends surprised me with a cake (which they accidently dropped on the way over so it was only a half a cake...but still very nice). Also, it was my 2nd cake becasue the students had a cake for me at school on Friday. On Sunday we had a BBQ....an American style BBQ at a friends house. We cooked Kabobs, chicken breasts, steak, etc...all marinated in our favorite Domincian seasoning. After we finished with the BBQ (which was interrupted by rain which is when my computer which was sitting by an open windown got damaged). We headed again for the PApa...everyone was sporting Micky Mouse birthday hats, I had a happy birthday banner which was upside down and we took our Jungle Juice which we made to the Papa and continued celbrando alla. Then another very good friend surprised me with ANOTHER cake! It was so cute! It said "Happy Birthday" in English with candles and on the Cake in frosting "Te quiero" which is I love you..but not the super serious I love you..only the I love you...I dont know I cant really explain it! It was very cute though.... All in all..It was a great BDAY celebration with lots of food, cake and friends!

The next thing to tell you about is my recent trip to Isla Saona which is an Island very near to where I live...its only about a 30 minute bus ride, 10 minute Motoconcho ride and a boat ride....It was an all day all inclusive trip that we went out...my roommate, a friend she had visiting and myself...we had a blast, I have pictures on facebook of how beautitful it was.... we held star fish, we snorkled, we swam in the fresh water pools, we ate good food...I am considering going again when Isaac gets here in casi 15 dias!

It is HOT HOT HOT here! And it rains EVERY day...last week we were sin (without) luz (electricity) for 2 days...which menas a lot of mosquito bites, a lot of loud roosters who do not get drown out by the fan, no sleep, and spoiled food.... but thats life in Yuma!

Que mas? Class finishes the 22nd of July...for thsoe of you who dont knwo already I am working on signing another contract through December.... I cant get enough of this place or the people! Of course there are still things that bother me but I work those out as they come!

So my computer is still broken which means I cant skype.... sometimes I feel like you all have forgotten about me.... I still have email, facebook and phone.... I would love to hear updates on your lives as well..... por favor! It's also not looking like I can come home for vacation in July... I guess that means you can come visit me!

Love you!

ps...i am uploading pictures to facebook.... you can check them out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment