Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A New Adventure

Just a quick post to catch everyone up to speed on where life is about to take me and what changes I am about to make:

As you all know, I am currently working at Wells Fargo Financial in Des Moines, IA. I have been employed with Wells for just over a year now and have been seeking change. Last September I applied for a teaching program in the Dominican Republic with an organazation called CIEE. The program had a bit of a rough start, but after much patience and (a little forgetting) I was contacted just last week regarding my acceptance into their program for this fall! What I mean by this fall is... I am leaving on August 2nd! Less than 1 month away! I have A TON to get acommplished in these next few weeks but I am confidant that I can get it all taken care of!

This opportunity came as a big shock to not only myself, but also my friends and family (some of whom will find out via this blog). While yes it came as a shock, it could not have come at a better time in my life for a few reasons. 1) My apartment lease ends this month, 2) I have no significant other, and 3) I am not leaving behind a job that I am 100% in love with or can see myself doing in another year.

I still have a lot to take care of before I take off:

1) Moving out of my apartment
2) Squaring away my student loans
3) Getting all of my acceptance materials into CIEE and getting my placement
4) My great friend Jenni's wedding
5) Getting all packed
6) Saying goodbye to everyone

Life will be crazy for me over the next few weeks and even into the first month or so of getting settled in a new city, country, and culture but I am very excited about this new adventure that I am about to embark upon!

As always I will keep everyone posted on updates before I leave and of course while I am gone! The program will last until December 15th but could possibly turn into something a bit more long term. While I am there I fully intend on looking for other employment and/or volunteer opportunities.

As soon as I know more regarding what city I will be in and more details I will let you all know!

Love you all and keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment