Oh what a weekend! You know it had to be good if I am updating my blog again for you... I just wanted to make sure to write before I forgot all of the details of this amazing weekend I had. Friday I did nothing exciting..I just worked.... Saturday mornning as I told you before I went to a students house and did my laundry! She fed me while I was there which was pretty sweet as well! Anyway after I got home from doing the laundry I cleaned the rest of my place and then Victor showed up.
On Saturday we did not do a lot... I showed him the town (which for the record he was not very impressed with, considering he has lived in the Capital his entire life). We ate some food, we came back and got ready for the night and then headed out on the town to join in on the festivals going on here.... There are 2 street dances that go on at once...one on one end of the street and one on the other... food vendos everywhere, been gardens everywhere, people everywhere! Saturday night we just kind of walked around and checked it out. We ended up going to a bar that one of my students owns...we were sitting outside having a beer and getting ready to leave when the waitress brought us another and said that it was from Olga (my student). She ended up buying us a whole lot of beer so it was difficult for us to leave but we were tired and hungry so we finally just got up...I got to introduce him to quite a few of my students on Saturday night which was fun.
On Sunday we woke up and Victor told me that I had to cook for him...since he always cooks for me when I go to his house it was my turn.... if we were in the states it would be a lot easier but here, my resources are limited and I don't know what I can cook with what.... but with some (ok..a lot) of help from him we cooked lunch together...we boiled chicken, onions and peppers, we cooked rice and cut up an avocado.... It was acutally amazing! And it was fun because we did it together and now I can cook something different every now and again!
After we had lunch Victor told me that it was time that he teach me how to dance! :) After about 5 minutes he realized that it would take much longer than a day, he said ok... this will be our private project...I will teach you, we will just have to work hard... ( I felt like I was on the movie, Dirty Dancing). It was a blast...I suck but we had fun...he taught me the bachata (which is acutally really easy except sometimes I get confused and then just stop and he says that's not ok, you have to keep moving). He started teaching me the merengue...until he realized that I can't move my hips.... I got the basic part of it down but can't move so that doesn't really work! But last night when we were out enjoying the festival again we danced the merengue and 2 of my students saw it and they were impressed so that made me feel good! He also tried to teach me the salsa but that is a little more advanced than I am so we stopped right there. But either way...he's got a few months to help me figure it out!
After that we went out and met up with a few students and watched a band play for a couple of hours...he became BFF with one of my students which I thought was cute! Around 11:00 we decided to get some food and come home since he had to leave early this morning.... I am not sure what we got but it was very yummy while I was eating it.... but about 2:30 in the morning...when it was coming back up...not so yummy! I am not sure what the problem was but it did not agree with me! But luckily, I had a nice perosn here with me to hold my hair back and make me feel a little better...! There is no better feeling than being taken care of.
Anyway it was a wonderful weekend that I did not want to forget so I figured I should blog about it! What's up for this week? Work...more festivals and that's about it! This coming weekend the other 2 American teachers are coming here to see our town and to check out the festival with us.
I now need to make sure I have a lesson done for today and get my day started... Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment